Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Crossroad

It was June of 2006 and Stephen and I found ourselves at a crossroad. We never expected to be there. We thought we would already be parents by then and wouldn't have to face decisions such as these but God had other plans. Bigger plans. Better plans.

We had been trying to conceive for four years. There were some very dark days during that four year span. Days that I questioned if I would ever become a mom. Days that I didn't think I could go any further. Days that I questioned God and what I believed. Days that my hormones got the best of me and I thought I would die. There were more dark days to come. I just didn't know it yet.

Over the course of those four years I had seen four different doctors, had TONS of tests run, had dozens of procedures performed, undergone a surgery, and spent thousands of dollars while doing all of this(mostly in debt). All of this to tell me I have "unexplained infertility." Oh, it's explained alright! We'll get to that later. On this particular day in June we were told, "You are at a crossroad. Your best option for having a biological child is to do IVF(in vitro fertilization) and you have a 58% of getting pregnant. Or you could adopt."

To be continued...

No comments: