I can't believe it's been 2 years since I said goodbye to my Mom. That was THE hardest thing I've ever done. A few of the many things I miss about my mom......
1. Watching Tiger basketball with her. She absolutely loved Tiger basketball more than anyone I know. They made you proud Mom...Final Four....so close to being National Champions.
2. Having fresh pecans. She would go around the city(she knew where all the best pecan trees were in Memphis) and pick up pecans that had fallen from trees. She would then sit and shell them. (while watching a lifetime movie no doubt) Then she would distribute the pecans to all of her loved ones. You knew my Mom loved you if you were lucky enough to receive a gallon size baggie of fresh shelled pecans. I would put mine in the freezer and pull them out whenever I needed them for a recipe.
3. Being able to call her when I have a cooking question(which is like everyday) or when Caroline does something cute(which is like every minute) or ask if she's read anything good lately so I can borrow her book.
4. Her lasagna!! Oh how I would love to have a big helping of that yummy lasagna right now....because mine never turns out as good as Mom's!
5. Her generosity. My mom was always giving something to someone-even though she had very little to give! She used to collect change. There wasn't a time that I was with her that she wasn't bending over in the parking lot or a restaurant or wherever we were and picking up a penny, nickel, dime, etc. Every few months or so she would roll all of her collected change and give it to her grandchildren. While Stephen was in med school, she would often send us a little of that money she collected and tell us to go out to a nice dinner.
miss you so much Mom........