Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Florida

My great aunt passed away at the end of June and she lived in Pensacola. My mom was close to Aunt Boots and especially close to her daughter Joan. So my sister and I felt like we should be there because Momma loved Aunt Boots and Joan. She lived a long life...most people don't make it to their 90's but Aunt Boots did! She was a school teacher and loved to learn new things and teach new things to anyone around her. We will miss you Aunt Boots!


So, since we were all the way in Florida and so close to the beach we decided to stay a couple of days longer and enjoy some beach time. I didn't know what Caroline would think of it because I hated the beach as a child. The sand, the salt water...I just didn't like it! Well, she LOVED every minute of it. She just played and played in the sand and we took a cheap inflatable pool for her to play in as well. She didn't know what to think of the ocean though. She would go in with us but you could tell she didn't really want to because she had a death grip on us the whole time! Now the traveling part and the sleeping issues were not all that fun but we still enjoyed being with family!




My nephew Austin made Caroline a chair out of sand and she thought it was so fun!


Caroline and Daddy playing in the sand!


Notice she is not smiling in the water!!





No comments: