Friday, May 14, 2010

He Just Keeps Showing Up!

Okay, the check just came from Chick-Fil-A and it was $100 more dollars than it was supposed to be! God is SO GOOD! It's completely unbelievable how little by little the funds for our adoption just keep rolling in! I talked with the owner for awhile on the phone and he asked lots of questions about our adoption and seemed to really care....even though he runs a business and could have written the check for exactly what we raised....he chose to be generous and give more!! The note that was with the check read....

Jessica,
Congrats on your decision to adopt. May this be a wonderful time of blessing for you and yours. Hope the extra helps!!

Signed,
The wonderful owner of Chick-Fil-A
(he really signed his name but I didn't ask him if I could share it here)

So that brings our new Chick-Fil-A total to 1,080!! Remember my goal was 1,000 that I prayed for so God of course gave us more!! Why would I think otherwise, especially since the verse we have been praying for this adoption is Ephesians 3:20 which says "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us."

3 comments:

Heather said...

Enter TEARS :) The word that comes to mind is "faithful" ... He is so incredibly gracious and faithful!

Unknown said...

God always blows me away! I cannot imagine just how much He loves and how much He wants to give to us. He is so good to give more and want more for us than we could ever want for ourselves. He is the perfect father ;) I am glad things are going well. I will pray for them that to continue!

KimMc said...

Amazing! God is good all the time! Forever faithful and yet we still have our moments of doubt! Thank you Lord for your abundant provision!